Pricing on this product fluctuates with the Euro rate.
XAP is the world leader in electromagnetic actuators for sequential gearboxes. Their technology is the only one proven to rival pneumatic and hydraulic solutions. Electromagnetic actuators are reliable, consistent and do not need maintenance.
XAP’s EShift2 is a monobloc solution unlike hydraulic and pneumatic solutions which need numerous elements; a compressor (air pump), an accumulator (air tank), pneumatic solenoids, filters and hoses which can lead to a something that’s comprehensive to install.
The EShift2 is available in two different body types, both with the option of a non-contact position sensor.
XAP EShift2 LV Option SP Model – (Non Contact Position Sensor)
This model has the simple mounting feet for attaching to a flat surface. Mostly chosen to attach to a lever or pivot assembly.
Non Contact Position Sensor (Please Note: The contact position sensor is only for data-logging and not to be used for closed-loop control. This option is denoted with the letters SP in the model name)
Overall Dimensions: 313 L x 134.75 H x 53 W (mm) Mounting Feet Pattern: 204 L x 56 W (mm)
• Permanent magnets technology
• Typical 35-40ms shifting time
• Two power modes
• +/- 18 mm stroke
• 900 N max force
• Diagnostic information sent over CAN
• Isolated Power and CAN
• Command by CAN or low-side (specify when ordering)
• Optional contactless position sensor
• Ball joint or rigid mounting (‘box/chassis or flat mount)
• Weight: 4 to 5 Kg depending on model
• Temperature range: –10°C to +100°C
• IP68 Protection (1.5M submerged for 30mins, protected from dust, dirt & sand)
• 12V and GCU ground, commands, CAN line on 8STA 6 10-35 PN connector
• 12V power supply, 100 A max, on 5 mm diameter terminal
• Power ground on body or 5mm diameter terminal communications
• CAN 1 Mbit (Rev 2.0B) : 1
• Low-side commands : UP, DOWN, LOW_POWER & HIGH_POWER Standard references
• LV: Electromagnetic actuator
• RO (Option): Ball joint mounting
• SP (Option): Contactless position sensor
Please click this link for product diagram – LV SP Model Diagram
Product Information Sheet – XAP EShift2 Product Information Sheet
EShift2 Force Curve – XAP EShift2 Force Curve (KG/MM)
CAN Protocol & Wiring of the XAP unit – CAN Protocol & Wiring
Some drivers want paddles for racing but to retain the lever for the feel of being connected to the car – here it is! Nothing needs to be detached or adjusted in order for the driver to use the lever and there is little to no added resistance on the push/pull feel of the lever overall.
The unit can be switched into two modes. Low power mode for engaging 1st or Reverse from Neutral and then High power mode for all main forward gears after 1st. This prevents unnecessary wear on the dogs of your sequential gearbox.
Please contact us with any questions.